The Girlfriend

FIC: The Girlfriend

Hello all. With the rather persuasive and patient support of some very dear sorts (thankyou, always), I am trying my hand at a longer story. This is the first instalment and may be revised as I work out later sections.

It is a lesbian story, though a sympathetic brother makes his voice more than heard, too. I'm going with `lesbian' rather than the usual rather clinical term of `f/f' because, as a good friend said, "It's about who you love and long for, not just who you fuck."

I hope you enjoy Suze and Jules and their love story.

Cheers

Trisha

PS Apologies to those getting this twice; the format played up first posting.

**********



JULES

It was after six and still stifling, the storm not yet broke, and I envied my brother for being able to strip to the waist. Don't think the guy wore more much than his fave broken in hat, shorts and a tan from December to March. I think a girl must've have told him the hat looked good somewhere along the way and he took her at her word. It was a bit cooler at the back of the house and he'd set himself up with a cold beer. I knocked his foot out of the way more than once as I passed by, his rangy frame eating up space in the narrow screened in veranda we used in all weathers. He sprawls. No other word for it. And he knows it.

He is such a shit at times. God I hope I can get a place of my own soon.

"Big plans?" he asked, looking triumphant at my instant blush.

Setting that damn hat further back on his head, he shifted forward to take up even more room as I tried to get things ready for tonight; just watching as I picked my way through the laundry and junk catch-all area at the far end of the veranda and wrestled with that old ironing board that always caught my fingers.

"Dammit! You want to help me here?" I snapped as the mop and broom clattered to the floorboards.

"Oh no", he replied, waving a hand lazily in my direction, "You look like you're doin' fine, sis."

Pest. That's it; I'd wear something else and forget the iron.

"So-"

Oh god, no. Please shut up now, Terry.

"-what time is she picking you up?"

I swear I could hear him smirking, even with that neutral look he keeps, somehow. I knew he was just teasing but my face was on fire. I felt a kick against my ankle from his outstretched foot.

"Hey? She's a good one, huh? You gonna, you know..?"

"Terrrryyy."

"Juuuuuuules."

Drawing in a deep breath, the rush of air hopefully helping set my colour back to normal, I looked at him properly. So damn comfortable in his skin, my brother. `Stuff this', I thought, `I can beat you at this game'. I lifted my chin and glanced at his belt still in the loops of the jeans he had tossed on the laundry hamper; the one with the ornate buckle that he is so sure all the girls want to undo.

"Can I borrow that?"

He hesitated. "What for?"

I smiled and leant in close, bending down to whisper in his ear, "We are gonna do things that would make you blush."

I knocked that damn hat off his head and left him frowning as he tried to work that one out.

If only it were true.

*********

"Where are we going?" There was not a huge choice, not without
heading further towards the city and that was too pricey for me.

"Thai". Suze threw library books and her leather jacket into the back seat. "New owners, new staff. Farewell Salmonella Palace."

The asphalt was steaming when we left the restaurant. We'd lingered over dessert as the rain drummed on the roof, and it was good. Just really good to be out with Suze.

"What are you grinning at?" She reached for my hand as we walked up the uneven path to her flat, steering me around the wet shrubs.

"Nothing." I thought of Terry's face with the belt comment and turned into Suze's shoulder.

"C'mon. You're hiding something. I can feel you laughing. What? Have I spilt food on myself or something?"

I don't know if it was the giddiness of actually being out with Suze, or winning one over Terry, or if I just needed to be able to believe that, but I wanted to tell her. I wanted to be daring. And experienced. Hell, I just didn't want to be green.

I lightly nipped Suze's shoulder as she opened the front door, the cotton warm against my lips with the heat of her.

"Just happy."

Suze kissed my temple and drew me inside. "Me, too."

"Cool shower?" Suze asked as we passed along the short hallway.

I peered into the small space, the hamper hard up against the loo and the shower cubicle definitely made for lonelier ablutions. I had my doubts.

"You think we'll both fit in there?" I asked.

"Well it's worked before", she said, undoing her fly and easing down her jeans and cotton boxers.

"With who?"

Suze made a throaty noncommittal sound, very gently closing that line of questioning and I felt myself blush at this slightest hint of censure. I held back a dozen questions I wanted to ask and watched as she pulled her tee over her head, revealing the simple crop underneath that covered her small breasts. I couldn't imagine Suze in the artifice of lace, padding and nylon and was glad of it. I made amends for my intrusion, kissing her breasts, mouthing the fabric, wetting it.

"Hold one sec." Suze lifted her arms and freed herself for me. "That better?"

"Much better", I crooned, as Suze pressed my face back into her chest, making me bend a little. I kissed one breast and then the other. I looked up at her for a second before capturing one beautiful nipple in my mouth. They're a faint honey brown that contrasts with my own pale pink. I lapped at it, flattening my tongue to just bathe it, feeling the soft surrounds contract and tasting the faint tang of sweat.

"Salty. Who needs that shower?"

She laughed and shimmied her hips a little as I blew on the wet surface. I suckled, drawing it to hardness, teasing it out and tracing my tongue around the creases of the now puckered areola.

"Okay?" I murmured; her throaty response a heated reply that hit me just right.

She wore a watch and I saw it slip up her smooth forearm a little as she touched my face, her blunt cut nails dancing over my lips and then down, briefly lighting on my collar bones.

"You do ask daft questions sometimes." Suze's fingers closed around my wrist and pulled me closer, kissing me. Kissing is good. I love kissing.

Suze's attention shifted lower and I reluctantly let her mouth go and watched as her deft fingers worked the buttons on my shirt, the tendons of her slender wrist shifting with each movement underneath the slightly too loose watch, and gently brushing my breasts. I flushed a little and looked at the basin as Suze quirked a brow at the too long length of leather. She pulled the tongue out of the loops and undid the buckle. The pop of a button and easing of a zipper never sounded as loud as it did to me in that bathroom. Suze hooked her thumbs into my pants and knelt, taking them with her as she went lower.

"Beautiful."

"Here you go", Suze handed me a coke, and adjusted the fan to blow across us as we lounged on the rumpled and slightly damp covers.

I felt well-sexed and boneless. I took a swig, its sweetness sadly washing the taste of her from my mouth, and felt Suze settle onto the low mattress, her back resting against the wall. She held her own drink up out of the way as I made a pillow of her outstretched legs, raising my head every now and then for another sip.

"Jules, how can that be comfortable for you?"

"It just is. Am I too heavy for you?" I asked, pushing up a little.

"No. You feel good." Suze patted my bum. She smelt of soap and sex and I drifted as she played her clever fingers up and down my arm, raising goosebumps that had nothing to do with the fan.

"You know, there is a lovely symmetry to the human body."

"Hmm?"

Suze walked her fingers down my bare back, narrating her journey as she went.

"Well, there is this sweeping line of the spine…these dimples." She pressed a fingertip into each soft depression at my lower back.

"These matching beauties", she purred, smacking each cheek. `Oh god, again', I wanted to beg, wishing I'd been more than bluffing Terry about the belt.

"Then we get to the delectable furrow of your bum…"

I mewed slightly as her fingers dipped and lingered for a long moment. Okayyy, so she definitely wasn't turned off. My face was near enough that I could smell her arousal.

"And then-"

I parted my thighs parted a little, loving the gentle indignities.

"- the lovely seam of the labia. Don't you agree?"

Turning my face to her lap, I tossed my head back and forth, letting out an embarrassed whimper, causing Suze to chuckle and pat my bum again.

"What has you so flustered, baby? Hmm? You're lovely. And this, this is a lovely bum."

That was hard to hear. It was something more than embarrassment. It was something foreign, alien. Suze was not my first, but she was the first to ever say those words. I felt more naked for that than being bare.

"Mhmm", I muttered, my face hot. I tilted my pelvis and presented, hoping to bring her back on a less challenging course.

There was a small kiss on my shoulder blade as Suze's hair touched my back as she whispered, "It is, baby."

******

The house smelt like toast and Terry was on balancing a plate on his knee as he played on the Xbox.

"Good time?" he asked, smiling and keeping an eye on game, sending some creature to oblivion in a digital blast. I leant over the back of his chair and tossed the belt onto his lap, winking at him as I snagged a piece of his toast.

"You're swaggering! Why are you swaggering? Jules!" I bared my teeth at him and walked into my room, crashing onto my old single bed as I heard Terry crash and burn on his game.

My single bed, the one that had seen me through childhood, seemed smaller than before. I'd drifted off with a pillow pressed between my thighs, recalling the weight of Suze between my legs and her soft murmurings and more urgent demands. What would Suze think of this room?

I slept for a few hours and woke to the smell of sizzling sausages and onions. I pulled on a t-shirt and shorts and padded out to the kitchen. Terry was fossicking in the pantry.

"Sauce?"

"Fridge", I said, speaking to his back as I perched on the counter. I picked at a piece of bread as he piled another slice high with near-burnt onion and a sausage.

"Here." Terry handed it to me. I pulled my lips back from my teeth as I took a bite. It was too hot and just right. Wiping sauce from his own chin, Terry chewed with his usual concentration and happy sounds. My brother, he never hid what gave him joy.

I swung my bare feet, content. This was good. I licked some sauce from my thumb and was contemplating a second serve when there was a knock on the door. Next door's collie belatedly announced company.

"Get that will you, Jules?" Terry blew me a kiss.

It was Suze, holding up my knickers.

"Yours, miss?" She grinned as I lunged for them, catching me easily and pulling me in for a quick kiss.

"Mmm, saucy."

I heard the thump of Terry's footfall behind me and felt Suze stuff the underwear into my back pocket. The screen door was pushed open, and I turned to see Terry leaning on the peeling door frame. `Please, please don't embarrass me', I hoped Terry read my pleading look right. Suze threaded her fingers through mine.

Terry swapped his beer to his left and held out his large hand. "I'm the big brother. Terry."

"Suze." She winked at me, smiling easily as she grasped it. "The girlfriend."

Oh god, they were as bad as each other.

"Beer?" He held up the bottle and stepped aside to let us over the step.

**********

No comments:

Post a Comment